Here at the YMCA we expect our Youth Center students to make positive contributions to our community while at the program! We will be using the following point system to encourage positive contributions!
What you need to know:
- Everyone starts each month with 20 points.
- Students’ points decrease by 2 pts each day they attend Youth Center
- You can earn points by making positive contributions to Youth Center
- If your points fall below zero, you will not be allowed to stay.
- However, you will be given the opportunity to earn points back. If you can earn 5+ points, you will be allowed to stay.
- Points Reset at the start of the month
- You can come to Youth Center
- Using Youth Center Supplies & Games (excluding ping pong/foosball)
- Subway Pass privileges
- Ping Pong
- Youth Center Cup (one time)
- Lobby Pass privileges
- Discounted Snacks
- 5 carry over points for next month
- Pizza Party at the end of the month!
It is UP TO YOU to maintain your points to keep or earn privileges.
Earn Youth Center Points
- Throw away garbage - 1 point per day
- Fill Water Jug (2 people only) - 1 point
- Playing Board Games - 1 point
- Putting Equipment away (includes Gym) - 1 point
- Help Vacuum (if it’s needed) - 2 points
- Working on Homework - 2 points
- Doing a Service Project - 2 points
- Participate in Youth Center Activities - varies
- Daily Challenges - varies
How to Lose Youth Center Points
- Leaving garbage - 1 point
- Running in halls - 1 point
- Using Equipment/Supplies inappropriately - 1 point
- Being Disrespectful - 2 points
- Being found in a spot that is NOT a Youth Center option - 2 points
- Being told TWICE to do (or not to do) something - 2 points
- Foul/Inappropriate Language - 2 points
- Anything against Youth Center Expectations - 1-3 points (To be determined by staff)
- If you get Kicked Out for the day - 3 points