Our programs accommodate a wide variety of interests and functional abilities, and we offer orientations to help you get started.
Free Fitness Solution
Identify your specific health and fitness goals, and we’ll develop your personalized plan.
SilverSneakers® is a preventative exercise program—one of the largest senior-focused exercise programs in the United States. This partnership between HCD and HMOs allows Medicare-eligible members to participate in YMCA programs at no additional cost.
Check with your insurance provider or company benefits department if you have questions about your eligibility or participation requirements.
We offer four drop-in tours each week for new SilverSneakers® members. This is your chance to see our Y and all the programs we offer. Contact Member Services to learn more.
Diabetes Prevention Program
Over the course of 16 one-hour sessions, this Y program helps those who have “pre-diabetes” or are at high risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
In a group setting, a trained lifestyle coach helps you change your lifestyle by learning about healthy eating, physical activity and other behavior changes. Some insurance companies provide full coverage. Check with your provider for details.
Your body is unique, and your fitness regimen should be, too. At the Y, our nationally certified personal trainers can assist you in reaching your fitness and weight loss goals.
- Helps you establish realistic and attainable goals.
- Develops an exercise program specific to your individual needs, health status, limitations and goals.
- Ensures proper exercise technique, program design and progression to avoid common mistakes and exercise-related injuries.
- Integrates variety into your exercise program to avoid boredom and training plateaus.
- Provides positive encouragement, motivation and accountability.
Our trainers will talk with you to help you identify goals and limitations, then suggest a plan for improvement. Recommendations will be tailored to your needs.
Your customized exercise program may include:
- Exercises to promote joint stability and mobility.
- Core muscle activation and training.
- Cardiovascular and metabolic conditioning.
- Functional and traditional resistance training.
- Sport enhancement and performance training.
- Activities to improve balance and coordination.
To get learn more or schedule a fitness consultation, stop by the Member Services desk.
Enjoy a variety of fun social activities, such as the walking club, board and card games and special events including potlucks, movies and community events. Contact Member Services to learn more.
Free Health & Wellness Seminars
Get helpful, current, and actionable information with a true focus on active adults.