As of 7/6/18, most locations will close at 9pm on Friday, 8pm on Saturday and Sunday, and Kids Stuff will close at 7pm on Fridays. Some locations vary so please visit your branch homepage for details.
New Downtown Location
A new, state-of-the-art Dayton YMCA at Gaviidae opened January 26 at Sixth Street and Nicollet Mall.
View frequently asked questions about our new locations.
No interruption in service
Current members won’t need to do anything special to use the new Y—you’ll just need to shift your Y visits by a few blocks.
The new pool at the Dayton YMCA at Gaviidae will open February 13. While we are finishing the pool construction at the Dayton YMCA at Gaviidae, the pool and whirlpool, all Swim Lessons and water exercise programs located at the Y in LaSalle Plaza will continue as scheduled.
A groundbreaking space
The new building is designed to better serve our vibrant and dynamic community. As a first of its kind in the country, the Dayton YMCA at Gaviidae will be a place to try out new ideas for Ys of the future, like:
- Virtual reality strength and cardio classes
- Fitscape, a fitness studio that features immersive music and visual experiences
- Digital tools—like the mobile app and Matrix machines to help you make the most of your workouts
- The Equity Innovation Center—a gathering and learning space to collaboratively explore solutions to social issues, innovation in whole-life wellbeing and entrepreneurial development for social good
Other exciting features include:
- Harmony, a warm yoga studio
- Power House, a dedicated area for Personal Training and conditioning
- The George Wellbeing Center for holistic wellness services like massage
- Rooftop deck for relaxing and rooftop studio for outdoor fitness classes
How the locations stack up
The previous and new locations:
- Are centrally located in downtown Minneapolis
- Are about the same size
- Offer fitness equipment and classes, Personal Training and Swim Lessons
- Have an indoor pool, sauna, whirlpool gym and locker rooms
To make room for some of the exciting features, the new Y doesn't have all the same amenities found at the previous Y. The new pool will be smaller at the new location, and there isn't an indoor track, steam room or racquetball courts.
View a comparison of amenities between our previous location and the new location.
Successfully navigating the new Y:
- Use self check-in by going through the turnstiles and scanning your card
- Keep your gear secure with self-locking combinations on all full-length, day-use lockers—no need to bring your own lock
- Choose to rent a locker, which you can use to keep things overnight—contact Tom Pothen, Member Service Director for details
- Get large towels as you enter locker rooms and small towels from the fitness floor—towel service is included with membership
- Find class schedules online and in the mobile app-new classes are being added
- Explore the new space with this floor plan
- The Gaviidae Common parking ramp offers special discounts for Y members: weekdays—$4 when you arrive and leave before 8am or after 4pm, weekends—$4 all day. Parking in the ramp outside these hours will incur the regular posted rate of $35.
- Meter parking is available on S. 6th St., S. 7th St. and S. Marquette Ave.
- Bike racks are available on Nicollet Mall across the street from Gaviidae Common. Additional bike racks will be installed near the S. 6th St. entrance in the spring of 2018.
Stay connected and informed