About Well Together
Well Together is a 12-week program at YMCA Forest Lake that includes personalized plans and regular checkpoints to help you reach your wellness goals—with expertise from Fairview and the Y. It costs $139 and you can sign up in person at YMCA Forest Lake.
Is this program for you?
To participate in Well Together, you need to be:
- A YMCA member
- Age 25 and up
- Overweight, with a body mass index (BMI) of 28 or higher—use this calculator to determine your BMI
- Motivated and committed to changing your life for the better
12 weeks of focused work toward wellness
If you participate in the program, you’ll work with professionals from Fairview and the Y for a variety of sessions—all hosted at YMCA Forest Lake—including:
- Whole health assessment—during this hour-long consultation with a Fairview doctor, you identify goals to improve your physical, social and emotional well-being, and create a Personal Health Action Plan.
- Nutritional consultation—connect with a registered dietician to learn how healthy food choices can help you reach your wellness goals.
- Healthy eating group sessions—learn about fad diets, processed foods, the relationship between salt/sugar/fat and prepare a healthy snack or meal.
- Health coaching and physician check-ins—meet with a Fairview doctor to review progress toward your Personal Health Action Plan, and receive support from a Fairview nurse.
- Wellness consultation—meet with a Y professional to discuss your goals, create a measurable fitness plan that integrates with your Personal Health Action Plan and learn your daily caloric needs with a Body Gem Assessment .
- Fitness assessments—get measurements on body fat percentage, waist circumference, strength and flexibility in an assessment from a Y professional.
- Fitness checkpoints—meet with a Y professional to review progress toward your fitness plan, revisit goals and make modifications as needed.
- Customized cardio program—for the 12 weeks of the program, you have a personal plan for using fitness equipment, Group Exercise classes and more at the Y.
Get started today
If you’re interested in participating in Well Together:
- Confirm you meet the eligibility requirements
- Contact us for more info
- Stop at Member Services at YMCA Forest Lake to sign up
- Once you’re confirmed as a participant, we’ll help you schedule program assessments and meetings
Include these free add-ons
In addition to the required Well Together assessments and consultations, you can choose to incorporate these complementary initiatives to help you improve your wellbeing:
- Health UP education seminars one Tuesday evening per month
- Mindfulness sessions
- Walk with a Doc weekly walking program
Well Together is funded, in part, by the Fairview Foundation.