Volunteering means you’re part of the Y mission—you’re a champion for building healthy spirit, mind and body for all. It’s also a wonderful opportunity to make new friends and contacts, keep your mind and body healthy and learn new skills.
Y volunteers do many things—here are some examples of how you can get involved:
- Care for kids at day camp, in drop-off child care or after school
- Coach sports teams
- Create a safe environment on the fitness floor or in the gym
- Greet and assist members at the front desk
- Facilitate special-interest groups and activities
- Help with fundraising efforts
- Mentor or tutor young people
- Teach fitness skills and healthy living practices
One-time volunteer opportunities
Events are a great way for you or your group to get involved without making a long-term commitment.
The Y experience
Find out what it’s like to volunteer with the YMCA—hear from individuals who help give everyone the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Another way to help
In addition to donating your time and talents to the Y as a volunteer, you can also make an impact by making a financial contribution. Your donation ensures that those who need us most have access to quality programs, activities and facilities. When you give to the Y you make a difference in the lives of people from all backgrounds and economic levels.
Contact us for additional details or to discuss how you might get involved.