As of 7/6/18, most locations will close at 9pm on Friday, 8pm on Saturday and Sunday, and Kids Stuff will close at 7pm on Fridays. Some locations vary so please visit your branch homepage for details.
Our highly trained instructors give kids and teens a safe, supportive environment for learning the fundamentals of tennis. Our tennis program includes eight weeks of curriculum from the United States Tennis Association (USTA). Kids will use age-appropriate modified tennis equipment to make learning the game easier and more enjoyable. All classes are grouped by age and ability. See the New Hope Y sports schedule
Questions? Contact our Customer Service Center at 612-230-9622.
Each eight-week league is $100 for members and $125 for non-members.
Age-based leagues for grades 2-8 will vary by session. Leagues guarantee a minimum of 8 practices and 6 games throughout the session.
Participants will be placed on teams by current grade level. All-Y league teams will play other teams throughout the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities.
Session 4, August 20 - October 14
Online league registration is open through September 4.
Tips and preparation for parents and guardians
- You can also register in person at Member Services
- Have your child bring water and wear active wear and tennis shoes
- Players are required to purchase a Y jersey for $15 to participate in any YMCA league
- The Y will provide all necessary equipment
- Arrive on time
- Have your child use the restroom before class begins
- Remain in the building throughout the entire class
- Show a photo ID or driver’s license as you enter the building if you’re not a member of the Y