Kids are our cause at the Harold Mezile North Community YMCA Youth & Teen Enrichment Center. We encourage all young people to become lifelong learners and leaders through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body.
In the 2013 – 2014 session, our programs helped young people achieve the following outcomes:
- 88% improved their attitude towards school
- 84% improved their social skills
- 87% demonstrated program mastery
Often, these opportunities for positive change rely upon key support from community partners. Even more often, however, these life-changing opportunities are created through the support of investors like you.
Here are several ways we put your investment dollars to work:
- $60 ($5/month): Lifeguard staffing to supervise 50 young people in indoor pool
- $100 ($8.33/month): Integrated reading curriculum for one summer Freedom School scholar
- $250 ($20.83/month): One month’s worth of fitness/exercise for one cohort
- $500 ($41.66/month): One month’s worth of healthy snacks for all participants
- $1000 ($83.33/month): One youth’s enrollment for entire summer program
No matter what the level, your generous investment helps to ensure healthier futures for North Minneapolis’ kids. Please join our efforts.