Kids crave role models and look to older generations for examples. Our team members passionately empower every young person, but our volunteers bring new energy and opportunities to explore what it means to be a lifelong learner and leader.
Here are some of the ways Youth Development volunteers can invest their time and join in the fun:
- Homework Assistant (2:00 – 6:00 PM, Mon – Thur)
- Help with math and languages (esp. Chinese, Arabic, Spanish) needed!
- Snack and Meals (4:00 – 6:00 PM, Mon – Fri)
- Physical/Nutrition Education (3:00 – 6:00, Mon – Fri)
- Board Involvement (Monthly)
- Internships (for high school and undergraduate students only)
- Read Aloud Guest (Summer)
- Guest Speaker (On occasion, as needed)
- Program Administrative Support (On occasion, as needed)
- Special Event Volunteer (On occasion, as needed)
- Annual Campaign Volunteer (September – February)
Please note: as a youth-focused facility, all Youth Development volunteer positions at this location require phone screens and background checks before starting.