As of 7/6/18, most locations will close at 9pm on Friday, 8pm on Saturday and Sunday, and Kids Stuff will close at 7pm on Fridays. Some locations vary so please visit your branch homepage for details.
From basic puck work and shooting to successful stickhandling and passing techniques, kids have a great time learning floor hockey fundamentals at the Y. In this comprehensive program, kids progress from the basics to more advanced techniques as they master each level in a safe environment. Floor hockey instructors use a skills assessment to find the right class for your child. All classes are grouped by age and ability. See the River Valley Y sports schedule
- Classes: each eight-week session is $65 for members and $90 for non-members.
Questions? Contact our Customer Service Center at 612-230-9622.
Session 4, August 20 - October 14
Online class registration is open through September 4.
Tips and preparation for parents and guardians
- You can also register in person at Member Services
- Have your child bring water and wear active wear and tennis shoes
- Each child will receive a Y T-shirt
- The Y will provide all necessary equipment
- Arrive on time
- Have your child use the restroom before class begins
- Remain in the building throughout the entire class
- Show a photo ID or driver’s license as you enter the building if you’re not a member of the Y