What to expect and when
As the Rochester Area Family YMCA joins the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities, there are several positive changes coming. This is a time of transition for all of us—members and Y team members and we greatly appreciate your patience as we work to create an even better Y experience for you in Rochester.
Here’s a summary of what to expect and when.
Registering for classes and programs
From October through December, you need to visit a YMCA location to register for:
- Youth programs like youth sports, Y Mentors and swim lessons
- Adult classes and sports, lifeguard training and CPR/First Aid training
Thanks for your patience during our transition.
Managing your activities with the mobile app
The current mobile app will remain active through 2017. Starting in 2018, you’ll have the option to download a new mobile app that allows you to:
- Check in using your smartphone
- Search for fitness classes
- Set fitness goals
- Track workouts
- Link with other fitness apps
- Connect with cardio machines at the Y
Using your membership card
Your current membership card will continue to work at any Minnesota YMCA. However, the photo attached to your membership will not convert, so it’s a good idea to bring an ID card along when you visit the Y.
Setting up an online account
Starting October 24, you can set up an online account with ymcamn.org, which allows you to:
- Manage your contact information
- Access your visit count
- Register for specialty classes and programs
- Manage payments
To set up an account:
- Visit www.ymcamn.org
- Click “Sign In” at the top of any page
- Under “Don’t have an account?” enter the email address you previously provided to the Y
- Confirm your information
- Complete the information to set up your account, including a new user name and password (different from your online account at rochfamy.org)
- If your email isn’t recognized, or you didn’t previously provide one to the Y, call 612-230-9622
Bringing kids to the Y while you work out
Starting November 1, child care is free while you work out at the Rochester Area Family Y. Children ages six weeks to 10 years can participate in age-appropriate activities at Kids Stuff—free for members. Reservations aren’t required, and your child can enjoy Kids Stuff for up to two hours a day while you are in the building.
Using day passes
Day passes will be available for purchase and use the Rochester Area Family Y through 2017. Starting in January 2018, you will receive free guest passes.
Enjoying more at the Y
Throughout 2017 and into 2018, you’ll have access to more whole-life wellbeing opportunities through the Rochester Y, like:
- Overnight and family camps
- New fitness programs and activities
- Enrichment classes for kids
- Leadership and activity programs for teens
Additionally, you’ll notice some upgrades to our facility, including:
- New cardio and strength equipment arriving in 2018
- Better Wi-Fi and technology throughout the building
- New signs to help you find programs and activities
- Durable and safe flooring in high-usage areas
- Better cleaning equipment to help keep our space looking great
If you have questions or comments about the transition, please let us know. Customer Service is available 7am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday.