Volunteering means you’re part of the Y mission—you’re a champion for building healthy spirit, mind and body for all. It’s also a wonderful opportunity to make new friends and contacts, keep your mind and body healthy and learn new skills.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
Y volunteers do many things—here are some examples of how you can get involved:
- Care for kids at day camp, in drop-off child care or after school
- Coach sports teams
- Create a safe environment on the fitness floor or in the gym
- Greet and assist members at the front desk
- Facilitate special-interest groups and activities
- Help with fundraising efforts
- Mentor or tutor young people
- Teach fitness skills and healthy living practices
The Y experience
Find out what it’s like to volunteer with the YMCA—hear from individuals who help give everyone the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Contact us for additional details or to discuss how you might get involved.