Kids practice core basketball skills such as ball handling, defense, offense, rebounding and shooting. As they develop their athletic talents, children also build character, values and confidence through teamwork and discipline. See the Rochester Y sports schedule
Questions? Contact our Customer Service Center at 612-230-9622.
Each eight-week session is $65 for members and $90 for non-members. Age-based classes will vary by session.
Age 3: 30-minute class
Class introduces basketball basics, encouraging exploration within a safe and healthy environment. Kids work on beginner concepts such as dribbling, defense and shooting mechanics.
Age 4 through grade 1: 45-minute class
Class strengthens beginning basketball skills, preparing kids for the next level with work on ball handling and manipulation, defense and shooting mechanics.
Grades 2-8: 60-minute class
Class builds knowledge of the game through team play, developing individual skills including passing angles, defensive skills, offensive roles and shooting.
Session 5, October 22 - December 23
Online class registration is open through October 30.
Tips and preparation for parents and guardians
- You can also register in person at Member Services
- Have your child bring water and wear active wear and tennis shoes
- Each child will receive a Y T-shirt
- The Y will provide all necessary equipment
- Arrive on time
- Have your child use the restroom before class begins
- Remain in the building throughout the entire class
- Show a photo ID or driver’s license as you enter the building if you’re not a member of the Y