As of 7/6/18, most locations will close at 9pm on Friday, 8pm on Saturday and Sunday, and Kids Stuff will close at 7pm on Fridays. Some locations vary so please visit your branch homepage for details.
Our flag football program helps kids get a feel for football as they work on fundamentals of throwing, catching and playing as a team in this no-tackle sport. See the Rochester Y sports schedule
Questions? Contact our Customer Service Center at 612-230-9622.
Each eight-week session is $65 for members and $90 for non-members.
Age-based classes will vary by session.
Age 3: 30-minute class
Kids start building motor skills as they learn how to throw and catch. They also learn the basic rules of play. We encourage parents to practice with their kids outside of class.
Age 4 through grade 1: 45-minute class
Coaches instruct older kids in offensive and defensive techniques for passing, catching, punting and tee kicking. Intermediate levels introduce scrimmages and team strategies.
Grades 2-8: 60-minute class
As kids advance to the upper levels, coaches emphasize drills that challenge athletes to apply the fundamentals in competitive scenarios.
Session 4, August 20 - October 14
Online class registration is open through September 4.
Tips and preparation for parents and guardians
- You can also register in person at Member Services
- Have your child bring water and wear active wear and tennis shoes
- Each child will receive a Y T-shirt
- The Y will provide all necessary equipment
- Arrive on time
- Have your child use the restroom before class begins
- Remain in the building throughout the entire class
- Show a photo ID or driver’s license as you enter the building if you’re not a member of the Y