As of 7/6/18, most locations will close at 9pm on Friday, 8pm on Saturday and Sunday, and Kids Stuff will close at 7pm on Fridays. Some locations vary so please visit your branch homepage for details.
As the popularity of soccer continues to soar nationwide, kids really get a kick out of our programs that teach fundamental skills such as passing, trapping, shooting, dribbling, stealing and goalkeeping. See the Rochester Y sports schedule
Questions? Contact our Customer Service Center at 612-230-9622.
Each eight-week session is $65 for members and $90 for non-members.
Age-based classes will vary by session.
Age 3: 30-minute class
Kids at this level learn how to get comfortable using their feet. Safe, age-appropriate activities teach basic concepts and show how much fun soccer can be!
Age 4 through grade 1: 45-minute class
Our trainers start to introduce team-based instruction such as drills and scrimmages. All games are friendly, inclusive and non-scoring.
Grades 2-8: 60-minute class
Kids in upper grades learn more advanced techniques and strategies customized to their age and ability. Our expert trainers challenge athletes and give helpful feedback, making sure they stay safe and have fun in every class.
Session 4, August 20 - October 14
Online class registration is open through September 4.
Tips and preparation for parents and guardians
- You can also register in person at Member Services
- Have your child bring water and wear active wear and tennis shoes (shin guards recommended but not required)
- Each child will receive a Y T-shirt
- The Y will provide all necessary equipment
- Arrive on time
- Have your child use the restroom before class begins
- Remain in the building throughout the entire class
- Show a photo ID or driver’s license as you enter the building if you’re not a member of the Y
We offer a free Soccer clinic so your child can see what the sport is all about.
- No soccer clinics currently scheduled. Please check back.