This dynamic, fast-growing sport has roots in the cultural traditions of the Native American Iroquois people. We’re excited to share it with kids of all ages at the Y. In our comprehensive lacrosse program, kids learn stickhandling, throwing and catching. Classes start with the basics and work up to more advanced techniques for older kids. Our lacrosse instructors use a skills assessment to find the right class for your child. All classes are grouped by age and ability. See the Southdale Y sports schedule
- Classes: each eight-week session is $65 for members and $90 for non-members.
Questions? Contact our Customer Service Center at 612-230-9622.
Session 4, August 14 - October 8
Class registration is open through August 19.
Tips and preparation for parents and guardians
- You can also register in person at Member Services
- Have your child bring water and wear active wear and tennis shoes
- Each child will receive a Y T-shirt
- The Y will provide all necessary equipment
- Arrive on time
- Have your child use the restroom before class begins
- Remain in the building throughout the entire class
- Show a photo ID or driver’s license as you enter the building if you’re not a member of the Y