We model our Running Club after Kids Run the Nation, developed by the Road Runners Club of America. Kids often discover a lifelong love for running through group runs in this fun and supportive setting. Our running club curriculum gives kids the tools to explore running as a sport, helping them build the skills and stamina to walk, jog or run for 30 minutes without stopping. It’s also a great off-season option for kids interested in Track & Field to build endurance and gain new techniques. All classes are grouped by age and ability. See the Southdale Y sports schedule
- Classes: each eight-week session is $65 for members and $90 for non-members.
Questions? Contact our Customer Service Center at 612-230-9622.
Session 3, June 11 - August 12
Online class registration is open through June 26.
Tips and preparation for parents and guardians
- You can also register in person at Member Services
- Have your child bring water and wear active wear and tennis shoes
- Each child will receive a Y T-shirt
- The Y will provide all necessary equipment
- Arrive on time
- Have your child use the restroom before class begins
- Remain in the building throughout the entire class
- Show a photo ID or driver’s license as you enter the building if you’re not a member of the Y