Leaders Club is directed and powered by teens. It provides opportunities to develop leadership skills and abilities through service-learning activities and projects. Learn to be a leader and help make a difference in our community.
Achievers is a college-access and career-readiness program for those in middle and high school. Prepare for life after high school with guidance from mentors, field trips and goal-setting activities.
Youth in Government
Speak your mind and discuss today’s important issues in Youth in Government. All students in grades 8-12 are welcome, and financial assistance is available.
The skate park at the Southdale YMCA is open to all community members—kids age 9 and younger need a parent or guardian present. Come to skateboard, bike or rollerblade. The fully-staffed park is open from late-April through late-October:
- During the school year: Monday through Friday, 3-7pm and weekends 12-7pm
- During the summer: Every day, 12-8pm
YMCA members can enjoy the park for free, the rates for non-members are:
- Day pass: $5 for residents of Edina, Bloomington and Richfield, $7 for non-residents
- After 6pm: $3 for residents of Edina, Bloomington and Richfield, $5 for non-residents
- 12-visit punch card: $48 for residents of Edina, Bloomington and Richfield, $70 for non-residents
- Full season pass: $150 for residents of Edina, Bloomington and Richfield, $190 for non-residents
Contact Nicole Plagge to explore Teen Thrive programs at the Y.