Young Athletes is our inclusive sports program for kids with and without disabilities. In partnership with Special Olympics Minnesota, the Young Athletes program uses sports to teach healthy social skills, encourage play with peers, and boost confidence.
Special Olympics Minnesota is founded on the belief that people with intellectual and physical disabilities can—with proper instruction, encouragement and adaptation—learn, enjoy and benefit from participation in individual and team sports. See the White Bear Area Y sports schedule
- Classes: each nine-week session is $20 for members and $40 for non-members.
Questions? Contact our Customer Service Center at 612-230-9622.
Session 4, August 19 - October 13
Online class registration is open July 2 through August 19.
Tips and preparation for parents and guardians
- You can also register in person at Member Services
- Have your child bring water and wear active wear and tennis shoes
- Each child will receive a Y T-shirt
- The Y will provide all necessary equipment
- Arrive on time
- Have your child use the restroom before class begins
- Remain in the building throughout the entire class
- Show a photo ID or driver’s license as you enter the building if you’re not a member of the Y