Adults, College RAs, and Volunteers can begin their registration for Model Assembly here.
Model UN adults, college students, and volunteers, please skip to the Mandatory Background Check section below.
Model Assembly Advisor Registration instructions:
- NOTE: If you are a Delegation Director, you DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER.
- If not, sign in to Regy.co or create a new account.
- Your Organization should be Minnesota YMCA Youth in Government. Choose the correct option below:
- "Advisors - From Delegations" if you are an adult advisor affiliated with a delegation
- "Advisors - YIG Volunteers" if you are an adult not affiliated with a delegation
- "Advisors - Resource Advisors" if you are a college advisor.
- Once you’ve accessed your Regy Dashboard, under “Events Now Open,” Model Assembly 2016 should appear. Click “register.”
- Fill out the registration page
- Once all fields are filled in, click “Submit Registration,” and you’re done!
MANDATORY Background Checks
In accordance with the policies of the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities, we need to process background checks on ALL volunteers regardless of their standing or occupation in order to protect the YGTC. Please complete your background check ASAP. Instructions:
- Go to the Kronos page at http://bit.ly/1zjoRyZ
- Click the “Chose a Location” option at the bottom of your screen.
- If affiliated with a delegation, type in its zip code.
- If not affiliated with a delegation, type the YIG Office’s zip code of 55414. Chose the Minneapolis (University YMCA/Youth in Government) location.
- Chose to “Apply Now.”
- At the bottom of the page, click “Additional Volunteer Opportunity.”
- Click “Begin Application”
- Make a profile and follow the steps through the application.
Once you have submitted and competed all steps, your application will be in the hands of the Sam Alley at the YIG State Office. He will process your application and you should receive an email back from the Kronos system asking for you to verify some more information (Birthdate and Social Security Number) before they can process your background check.
If you have any questions, please contact Sam at 612-821-6502 or Sam.email@example.com
Dec. 27 Resource Advisor Training Meeting (Model Assembly Only)
Resource Advisors only: The essential RA training meeting is Tuesday, December 27, from 5 to 8 PM at the ATC Building – 2125 East Hennepin Avenue in NE Minneapolis.
Please contact us if you’re not sure you’ll be able to attend, but you’re sure you can be at Model Assembly. This training is important, but there’s no need to travel across the country for it.
Model Assembly runs 12PM Thursday, January 5th to 4PM Sunday, January 8th, 2017.