In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA), the Y is proud to offer a 6 month memberships to eligible military families and personnel through the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Military Outreach Initiative (MOI).
The Armed Services YMCA has partnered with YMCAs, as well as national and independent fitness centers nationwide, to offer service members and family free access to fitness centers. The Military Outreach Initiative gives service members and military families extra support and access to vital resources that promote youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. It’s another way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
To qualify for this program, military members and families must meet eligibility criteria for one of the program categories listed:
Title 10 Status
- Active Duty Independent Duty Personnel (IDP)
- Unaccompanied Spouse/Family of Active Duty Service Members
- Unaccompanied Spouse/Family of Joint Deployed Guard and Reserve
- Warrior Transition Unit
Department of Defense (DoD) Eligibility Form
The application process is easy and confidential:
- Download and complete the Military Outreach Initiative Application
- Form(s) to be filled out, save on your desktop and submit:
Deployed / Relocated Spouse
- DoD form
- Do Not send your orders
Independent Duty Personnel
Warrior Transition Unit
- DoD form
- Renewal memo from commander
- All documents listed above need to be emailed to Military@ymcamn.org
- Please allow 5-7 business days to get an email from the YMCA regarding your pre-qualification.
- If pre-approved: YMCA will send you an email then will submit your completed MOI application to ASYMCA for final approval which can take up to 30 days.
- If not pre-approved: YMCA will email you with the reason why it wasn’t pre-approved and what is missing.
Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA)
Additional Information and full packet regarding this program can be found on the ASYMCA website.