Our collective work supports:
- Young people (ages 12-24) to develop into socially responsible, culturally competent leaders and employees.
- Organizations to tap into resources that will help them assess and grow social responsibility toward economically disadvantaged and underserved young people.
- The Twin Cities to overcome disparities and thrive as a metro region.
Since its inception in 2013, the council strives to create a greater future for our local communities by ensuring young people have access to opportunity and equity. To work toward this vision, we:
- Diversify and deepen community partnerships and collaboration.
- Amplify community voices.
- Build a common agenda for opportunity and equity.
- Provide tools organizations can use to assess their impact on youth.
- Support and spread organizational social responsibility.
- Deepen the capacity of organizations to innovate.
- Change mindsets.
- Advance understanding of diverse communities’ strengths and gaps.
Three organizations provide leadership and infrastructure to help further the efforts of the Mission Impact Council:
Membership is free and open to anyone in the Twin Cities interested in transforming our community and changing young lives.