Hear from program participants
Get a glimpse of how Y programs help young people through video stories.
Youth Intervention Services is committed to bringing about lasting personal and social change. This work truly pays off. In the 2015-2016 school year:
- More than 3,500 young facing barriers would connected to caring adults and resources
- Youth received more than 25,000 hours of one-on-one mentoring
- 1,662 young people were connected to vital basic needs resources via street-based outreach
- More than 50 young people experiencing homelessness were connected to safe, affordable housing
- 50 youth got their first paid job experience at a YMCA through the YMCA Youth Intervention Services Employment Program