Working Together to Transform Lives!
The YMCA Host Homes program matches teens and young adults (ages 16-24), who are unstably housed or at risk of losing their housing with a caring and supportive host family. Host families are volunteers from the community who willingly offer a room in their home to provide safe, short-term housing and support to young people as they work toward gaining stability and becoming independent.
On any given night, an estimated 6,000 Minnesota youth and young adults experience homelessness with only around 100 youth shelter beds.
WHO ARE HOSTS?
- 21 years or older
- Live within Northwest Hennepin, Anoka or Suburban Ramsey counties
- Has a spare bedroom in their home
- Pass a background and reference check
- Has homeowner/renters insurance
WHO ARE PARTICIPANTS?
- 16-24 years of age
- Unhoused or at risk of housing instability
- Willing to work with a case manager
- Working toward housing, education, employment or other stabilizing goals.