The Social Responsibility Assessment is an online measurement tool that organizations can use to assess their current level of social responsibility.
- Awareness: To assess their current organizational strengths, weaknesses and priorities in supporting diversity, inclusion and equity
- Action: To guide strategic planning to increase opportunity and equity within the organization and in the community/area it serves
Organizations that take the Social Responsibility Assessment will receive data to answer the following questions:
- What are the organization’s strengths and weaknesses among the social responsibility characteristics?
- What should be the organization’s priorities moving forward?
- What differences exist between subgroups within the organization (e.g. gender, ethnicity or length of service)?
- How does the organization’s level of social responsibility affect employee engagement and retention?
Support Materials Available
- Survey: Online survey available on computers, iPads and smart phones
- Implementation: A how-to-guide for implementing the survey in the organization
- Orientation: Presentation to orient survey participants on the purpose and logistics of the Social Responsibility Assessment
- Debrief: Guide to processing the data and converting the lessons into action
What Makes an Organization Socially Responsible?
- Mission: Provides an inspiring message about how it serves the world
- Partnership: Works collaboratively to increase social impact
- Inclusion: Increases access and voice for people it seeks to serve
- Authenticity: Walks the talk
- Empathy: Understands how other people see the world
- Equity: Eliminates disparities and discrimination that deny opportunity
- Systems: Works to change systems for long-term and sustainable change
- Strengths: Honors and builds on the community’s diverse talents and cultures
- Family: Strengthens a family’s capacity to thrive as a unit
- Accountability: Assesses long and short-term effectiveness and impact on the community