The YMCA is committed to the fair inclusion of diverse suppliers in its procurement activities. We actively seek to foster business relationships with diverse suppliers who offer high-quality goods and services with competitive pricing and premium customer service.
When you work with the Y, know that we:
- Seek new and innovative methods to include diverse suppliers in the YMCA’s acquisition process
- Promote the inclusion of, and maximize procurement opportunities for diverse suppliers throughout the YMCA
- Ensure that the supplier selection processes encourage and support the participation of diverse suppliers
- Provide technical assistance and training to diverse suppliers
Learn more about the Y movement and how advancing diversity and inclusion is part of our cause.
Business classification definitions
Minority-owned businesses meet the following criteria:
- More than 50 percent of the ownership or control is held by one or more minority individuals who fall within one or more of the following race and ethnic categories: Hispanic or Latino, Black or African American, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, Asian, and American Indian or Alaska Native
- More than 50 percent of the net profit or loss accrues to one or more minority individuals
Women-owned businesses meet the following criteria:
- More than 50 percent of the ownership or control is held by one or more women
- More than 50 percent of the net profit or loss accrues to one or more women
- A significant percentage of senior management positions are held by women