SITE CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONED EVENTS
CANCELLED: All April Programs, All Locations
(Update on March 26, 2020)
March 18 - A New, Video Message from Our President & CEO
- Ways to stay engaged at the Y and what you can do to help in the video and post here.
Membership, Child Care or Other Program-Related Questions:
Youth Resource Line:
There are youth and young adults facing homelessness, eviction, unemployment and more during this community crisis. The YMCA Youth Resource Line is a free resource line for youth and young adults 12-24 who are in need of community resources. YMCA Life Coaches offer referrals to YMCA and community resources based on the young person’s needs. Call 763-493-3052.
YMCA CHILD CARE:
Register for Child Care, all ages! School-Age Care (K-6) now available at YMCA locations for essential employees and critical workers!
District 196 (Eagan/Rosemount/Apple Valley/Burnsville)
Child care will be available beginning Monday, March 16, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., only for the children (ages 5-12) of health care workers and emergency personnel (see list here). This free child care will be provided only at Cedar Park Elementary STEM School, 7500 Whitney Drive in Apple Valley, and Oak Ridge Elementary School of Leadership, Environmental and Health Sciences, 4350 Johnny Cake Ridge Road.
Care is also offered at school sites. Register at the location when you arrive. To view more about child care, click here!
Shakopee Public and Shakopee Catholic - Emergency Care for essential workers (see list here) starting Wednesday, 3/18, at Sun Path only (this includes Spring Break, 3/26-4/3), from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Mounds View School District Sites – We will start essential workers' care (see list) on Wednesday, 3/18, from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at these two school locations: Island Lake Elementary and Sunnyside Elementary.
St. Croix Prep Academy (Stillwater) - No before or aftercare. We will start care for essential workers (see list) on Wednesday, 3/18, from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
BRANCHES & PROGRAMMING
CANCELLED: All April Programs, All Locations
CANCELLED: Personal Training, All Branches
CANCELLED: Group Ex Classes, All Branches
CANCELLED: Small Group Training, All Branches
CANCELLED: Adult Sports Leagues, All Branches
CANCELLED: Journey to Freedom Groups, All Branches
CANCELLED: Youth Sports, All Branches
CANCELLED: Swim Team, All Branches
CANCELLED: Arts & Enrichment Classes, All Branches
CANCELLED: Birthday Parties, All Branches
CANCELLED: Group Swim, All Branches
CANCELLED: Private Swim, All Branches
CANCELLED: ForeverWell Programs, All Branches
CLOSED: George Wellbeing Center
All camps will be closed through April 30. Includes: Day Camps Christmas Tree, DayCroix, Heritage, Ihduhapi, Kici Yapi, Manitou, Spring Lake, Streefland. Traditional Camps: Camp St. Croix, Camp Icaghowan, Camp Ihduhapi, Camp Warren. Teen Wilderness Camps: Camp Menogyn & Camp Widjiwagan. Family Camps: du Nord and Northern Lights.
- Camp du Nord's Women's and Mother/Daughter Spring Retreat that was scheduled for April 30 - May 3, 2020, has been canceled.
- The Garage Sale has been rescheduled. NEW DATES: September 24-26
- Camp Warren’s Adult Board Game Weekend scheduled for April 3-5 has been postponed. New date to be determined soon.
- Widji’s Spring Banquet scheduled for May 1 will be rescheduled. Date to be determined soon.
- Trail Ahead has been postponed until November 6.
- Day Camp Adventure Days through April 30 have been cancelled
- Family Adventure Days through April 30 have been cancelled
- Spring Horse Lessons @ Day Camps Christmas Tree & Kici Yapi are postponed. New dates to be determined soon.
- Northern Lights Work Weekend on March 27 has been canceled
- The online BYOG (Book Your Own Getaway) reservation system has been taken down - not allowing families to book a cabin online at this time. We will continue to reassess and take guidance from medical and government officials.
- Camp St. Croix: Homeschool Program for March 20 & April 10 has been cancelled
- Camp Ihduhapi: Earth Day event for April 25 has been cancelled
- BOLD & GOLD: Retreat & Graduation scheduled for April 25-26 has been rescheduled for May 16-17
CANCELLED: The Widji/du Nord Spring Garage Sale scheduled for May 7-9 has been cancelled due to the MN State Fairgrounds cancelling all events for the next 8 weeks
POSTPONED: Camp Warren's Adult Board Game Weekend scheduled for April 3-5 has been postponed. Date to be determined.
POSTPONED: Widji's Spring Banquest, scheduled for May 1 will be rescheduled. Date to be determined.
POSTPONED: Trail Ahead: Saturday, April 18 at the Earle Brown Heritage Center in Brooklyn Center
Trail Ahead Page
In light of the evolving circumstances around Covid-19, we have decided to postpone Trail Ahead scheduled for Saturday, April 18 until the fall. This is disappointing, however, the health, wellbeing, and safety of our camp communities is our top priority.
We are excited to announce that we have secured the evening of November 6, 2020, at the Earle Brown Heritage Center in Brooklyn Center as the new date for Trail Ahead. Please mark your calendars and we hope to see you there!
POSTPONED: Model UN: March 26-28, 2020. The new event date will be decided by March 31. Check back in here or on the Model UN webpage to find out more later.
PREVENTATIVE MEASURES FOR CORONAVIRUS