What Do I Do?
NJC is a chance for YIG participants to expand on the legal issues they explore in Minnesota’s state session and to meet fantastic delegates from other state YIG programs.
NJC calls students test their speaking and rhetoric skills. Delegates work in groups to prepare speeches and arguments – they face competition from more than 300 YIG participants from around the country.
Delegates have a chance to choose between involvement in a Mock Trial (criminal court) or a Model US Supreme Court (appellate court) – both of which will involve intense preparation for exciting legal cases.
- Improve your debate and public speaking skills as you argue cases
- Meet YIG participants from around the country
- Experience Chicago through a city tour and Lake Michigan dinner cruise
August 1 – August 5, 2016
Students in grades 10 – 12
No prior court experience required
Holiday Inn Mart Plaza - Chicago, IL
$925 per student*, covering:
- All Conference Fees
- 1 Group Pre-Trip in Chicago
- 4 Nights Lodging
- Prep Meetings
- Transport to/from Chicago
- Celebration Activity/Banquet
*Limited financial assistance available to those who qualify
Chartered motor coach