By the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group
These fudgy brownies are gooey and flavorful—both kids and adults will love them! They are also a better alternative than prepackaged brownies, since they have more nourishing ingredients like whole wheat flour, beans (but no one will know!) and healthy fat (coconut oil).
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries, finely chopped (They are easier to chop when frozen.)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients except cherries and chocolate chips in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Stir chocolate chips and cherries into brownie mix; batter will be thick.
- Pour into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until they begin to pull away from edge of pan. The toothpick test will not work because they are so fudgy.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.