When you support the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities, you strengthen our community, you make a better us. As the nation’s leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y uses your gift to make a meaningful, enduring impact right in your own local area.
Financial contributions from individuals and families allow us to remove financial barriers to being an active member of the Y community. For example, an annual gift of:
- $2,500 will help 30 children from low-income backgrounds have fun, make friends and be nurtured by trained, caring counselors in the Y’s branch-based summer programs.
- $1,500 will enroll 10 children for the entire school year in one of many Y-run after school programs that provide a safe, caring and positive learning environment.
- $1,000 will give 10 underserved youth an opportunity to attend day camp, OR give two kids the chance to spend a week at overnight camp.
- $500 will allow a family in need to build strength in spirit, mind and body through a year-long Y membership.
- $250 will help five senior adults facing the challenge of arthritis to participate in special swim classes that ease pain, increase mobility and provide support.
Making a financial gift
Choose to designate the Y location or camp you’d like to support, or specify that you’d like us to use your gift where it’s needed most. Review our annual reports and financial statements to see how funds are allocated.
Here’s how you can contribute:
- Give online
- Check—make payable to YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities and mail to: YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities, NW 5901, P.O. Box 1450, Minneapolis, MN 55485-5901
- Stock—contact Melody Hankes at 612-371-8753 and download gift of securities instructions
- Wire transfer—email us for instructions
- Tributes and matching gifts—email us to make a gift in honor or memory of a loved one, or for information about securing a matching gift from your employer
- In-kind donations—contact your local Y or camp
- Planned gifts— A present day endowment gift or a bequest or a beneficiary designation to the YMCA, a branch, or camp, will make a huge impact for future generations. Please contact Meghan Cosgrove, 612-371-8705, with questions or for more information. And please inform us of your gift intentions to join our Heritage Club.
The Y is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (Tax ID Number: 45-2563299). Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.