Currently enrolling eligible participants for new classes at the following locations:
- Blaisdell YMCA Thursdays starting March 1, 12-1pm
- Cora McCorvey YMCA Saturdays starting March 17, 12-1pm
- Emma B. Howe YMCA Mondays starting Feb 26, 12-1pm
- Forest Lake YMCA Thursdays starting March 15, 11:30am-12:30pm
- River Valley YMCA Tuesdays starting April 3, 10:30-11:30am
- Woodbury YMCA Fridays starting March 23, 12:15-1:15pm
Please call our offices for more details.
Diabetes Alert Day
Diabetes is a public health crisis reaching epidemic proportions. Learn about your risk for type 2 diabetes by joining us for the Diabetes Alert Day happening at the following Cub Foods Pharmacy locations. This event hosted by Cub Foods Pharmacy, Minnesota Lions Diabetes Foundation, University of Minnesota Extensions, and YMCA of the Greater Twin cities will feature:
- Free screening and glucose testing at the pharmacy
- Talk with experts about diabetes and healthy living tips
- Connection with community resources nearby that will lead to a healthier life and feeling better.
Join us at the Cub Foods Pharmacy stores below:
- Woodbury: March 17th 2018 at 11am-3pm at Cub Foods Woodbury (8432 Tamarack Village Woodbury, MN 55125)
- Midway: March 18th, 2018 at 11am-3pm at Cub Foods Midway (1440 University Ave W St. Paul, MN 55104)
- Nicollet: March 23rd, 2018 at 4-8pm at Cub Foods Nicollet (5937 Nicollet Ave. Minneapolis, MN 55419)
- Duluth: March 25th 2018 at 11am-3pm at Cub Foods Duluth (615 W Central Entrance Duluth, MN 55811
- White Bear Lake: March 25th 2018 at 11am -3pm at Cub Foods White Bear Lake (1920 Buerkle Ave. White Bear Lake, MN 55110)
- Coon Rapids: April 7th 2018 at 11am-3pm at Cub Foods Coon Rapids (12900 Riverdale Drive Coon Rapids, MN 55448)
- Broadway: April 7th 2018 at 11am-3pm at Cub Foods Broadway (701 Broadway Ave Minneapolis, MN 55411)
- Lake Street: April 8th 2018 at 11am-3pm at Cub Foods Lake Street (2850 26th Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55406)
Interested in participating?
We are continually trying to start up new classes at various locations according to interest. Please reach out to us to let us know of your location and we will try our best to accommodate your request. Once we have enough interested participants in a location, we will get started with a new class.
Contact us to learn more.
The YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program is an evidence-based program that uses a group lifestyle intervention designed to reduce the risk of diabetes in individuals with pre-diabetes or at high risk for developing type 2 diabetes. This program has been proven to cut people’s chances of developing the disease by more than half. You do not need to be a YMCA member to participate.
- Risk Assessment
- Background & Results
- Meet our Coaches
- Partners & Providers
- Schedules & Forms
Class locations vary and are held throughout the Greater Twin Cities and Western Wisconsin.
Learn more by reading our "story" on the YUSA website; http://www.ymca.net/diabetes-prevention
Call us at 612-230-3487 or email us at DiabetesPrevention@ymcamn.org to register or get additional information.
Cost for a full year access (16 weekly core sessions plus maintenance sessions) is $429. Pricing scholarships are available with proof of low income.