Swim Teams at the YMCA
This competitive program offers children and teens an opportunity to work with trained coaches to improve swimming skills, endurance and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Ages: Five to 18 years
- Requirements: Swimmers must:
- Have a YMCA membership *membership is not required for spring season
- Be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Swim 25-yard freestyle, demonstrating breathing to the side and good body position
- Swim 25-yard backstroke, demonstrating good body position
- Swim 25-yard breaststroke or butterfly
- Can demonstrate the fundamentals of a forward dive from the edge of the pool
Swim Team Basics
Our trained coaches work to improve swimmers' skill level, endurance and to promote a healthy lifestyle. Our program embraces the YMCA core values and promotes progression at an individual level.
The YMCA Swim Team offers up to three practice times a week for beginning swimmers and more for advanced groups. Swimmers are encouraged to attend at least two practices a week.
Swim meets are scheduled against other teams in the Minnesota State League, typically at other Y locations in the Twin Cities metro area on Saturdays.
There are also several volunteer opportunities to help support the YMCA Swim Team.
Registration now available!
Fee required to participate:
- All swimmers pay one flat fee starting at 160.00
- Fee is determined based on the practice group coaches assign to swimmers
YMCA Swim Teams
Visit team sites for more details:
- Blaisdell Blazers | View brochure
- Elk River Rays | View brochure
- Emma B. Howe Barracudas | View brochure
- Hudson Hurricanes | View brochure
- New Hope Aqua Force | View brochure
- Ridgedale Tidal Waves | View brochure
- Shoreview Marlins | View brochure
- Southdale Sharks | View brochure
- West Saint Paul Thunderbolts | View brochure
- White Bear Area Mariners | View brochure
- Woodbury Thunderbolts | View brochure