This competitive program offers children and teens an opportunity to work with trained coaches to improve swimming skills, endurance and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Ages: Five to 18 years
- Requirements: Swimmers must:
- Have a YMCA membership
- Be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Swim 25-yard freestyle, demonstrating breathing to the side and good body position
- Swim 25-yard backstroke, demonstrating good body position
- Swim 25-yard breaststroke or butterfly
- Can demonstrate the fundamentals of a forward dive from the edge of the pool
Swim Team Basics
Our trained coaches work to improve swimmers' skill level, endurance and to promote a healthy lifestyle. Our program embraces the YMCA core values and promotes progression at an individual level.
The YMCA Swim Team offers up to three practice times a week for beginning swimmers and more for advanced groups. Swimmers are encouraged to attend at least two practices a week.
Swim meets are scheduled against other teams in the Minnesota State League, typically at other Y locations in the Twin Cities metro area on Saturdays.
There are also several volunteer opportunities to help support the YMCA Swim Team.
Registration opens February 27th
Fees required to participate:
- Registration fee: Flat rate all swimmers must pay to join the team.
- Practice group fee: Additional payment based on the practice level swimmers are assigned to by the coaches.
*All fees must be paid no later than April 28 for spring season and June 23 for summer season.
NEW FOR SPRING 2017!
Interested in trying out swim team, but not sure if you’re ready for the full commitment? Our spring season is perfect for you. Starting in 2017, our spring session provides the option to join as a non-YMCA member.
Be a part of the team and at the end of the season, all swimmers will have the opportunity to participate in an intra-squad meet!
YMCA Swim Teams
Visit team sites for more details:
- Blaisdell Blazers | View brochure
- Elk River Barracudas | View brochure
- Emma B. Howe Barracudas | View brochure
- Hudson Hurricanes | View brochure
- New Hope Aqua Force | View brochure
- Ridgedale Tidal Waves | View brochure
- Shoreview Marlins | View brochure
- Southdale Sharks | View brochure
- West Saint Paul Thunderbolts | View brochure
- White Bear Area Mariners | View brochure