Fostering growth and independence with adapted physical activity programs
The Y promotes and provides access to healthy lifestyles for all children and adults, including those with disabilities. Through positive recreational experiences, we emphasize each person's abilities and individuality and help participants build social skills. Kids in our adaptive programs will work toward a healthy mind, body and spirit.
Offering competition, opportunity and success to youth with disabilities ages eight years and up, our Blazing Stars Special Olympics Team is hosted by the Woodbury Y.
YMCA Scene is an adaptive summer camp for kids with special needs, and is just one way to experience summer fun at the Y.
Young Athletes is an innovative sports play program that introduces children ages two to seven years, with and without intellectual disabilities to the world of sports.
Tips and preparation for parents and guardians
- Have your child dress comfortably, and ready to move
- Arrive on time and make sure that your child uses the restroom before the class begins
- The Y will provide all necessary equipment, unless otherwise noted
- Remain in the building during classes
- Provide a photo ID upon entering the building if you are not a member of the Y