This page summarizes Terms and Conditions for Membership with the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities.
Purpose, Goals and Conditions
By joining the Y, I understand that I am coming together with others in the community who are committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to make sure that everyone regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. All members are required to present a valid membership card for identification or photo ID when using the YMCA facilities and programs. Membership privileges and cards are not transferable, remain the property of the YMCA, and must be returned upon request. Membership in the YMCA continues indefinitely until written notice of cancellation is provided in person by the member or is canceled by the YMCA in accordance with policies and procedures. Terms and conditions of the Association defined membership are subject to change. I agree to abide by the current membership policies and procedures and the code of conduct/bill of rights, and agree to abide by the rules and policies of the YMCA, including any future changes approved by the governing bodies in accordance with its Charter and Bylaws.
I understand that the YMCA assumes no responsibility for injuries or illnesses which I may sustain as a result of my physical condition or resulting from my participation in any athletic activities, sports programs, the use of any equipment, exercise or other activities. I acknowledge on behalf of myself and my heirs that I assume the risk of any and all injuries and illnesses, which may result from my participation in these activities. I hereby release and discharge the YMCA, its agents, servants and employees from any and all claims for injury, illness, death, loss or damage which I may suffer as a result of my participation in these activities. I understand that the YMCA is not responsible for personal property lost or stolen while members and/or program participants are using the YMCA facilities or on YMCA premises. This membership is not a contribution the YMCA and is not tax deductible.
Insurance Fitness Reimbursement Terms and Conditions
I understand and agree to the following insurance fitness reimbursement Terms and Conditions:
- Fitness reimbursement qualifying adults must work out a minimum of 12 days per calendar month, to receive a $20 membership fee reimbursement. Required visits will depend on your Individual Insurance plan. Each adult can qualify for a $20 monthly reimbursement toward the membership fee up to $40 total reimbursement per month.
NOTE: Medica may have a maximum of two qualifying adults insured through the Medica policy that may participate in the Medica Fit Choices program, only one adult per membership is eligible to receive reimbursement for a total of $20 per month.
- There will be a period of time between the completed month and the applied reimbursement. Example: work out 12 days in January, verified in February, reimbursement applied to the March bank or credit card debit.
- My monthly YMCA membership fee must be paid through EFT (electronic fund transfer) from checking, savings or credit card to participate.
- Reimbursements issued cannot exceed the total monthly debit for membership for the month the debit is applied.
- It is each adult’s responsibility to ensure that their visit is recorded at the YMCA where they do their workout. Only visits to YMCAs associated with the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities or YMCA of the USA Nationwide Membership are eligible for reimbursement.
- I will forfeit unapplied reimbursements if I cancel my YMCA membership.
- Only one visit per day qualifies toward the required number of visits per calendar monthly, to receive reimbursement from my health care insurer.
I agree to all of the above Terms and Conditions.