Before & After Care
The Minnesota Valley YMCA in Burnsville provides Before and After Care for children who attend Burnsville District 196 elementary schools. The program is located in the school for your convenience. Safety is our top priority. You sign-in to the program in the morning and students walk to class when school starts. In the afternoon, students walk from class to the program site and you sign them out at pick up time.
School Release Days
Kids have a blast in the Y’s full-day recreational program on school release days and school vacation breaks. It’s safe, fun, full of age-appropriate activities that stretch kids’ minds and bodies – and gives them opportunities to practice caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Kids are engaged and entertained
Each day is different – there’s a whole lot of things to do and places to go. Arts and crafts, group games, sports, indoor and outdoor play, themed projects and field trips are just some of the ways your child might spend their day.
Echo Park Elementary
14100 County Road 11, Burnsville
(P) 612 618 7226
Register Online for Before & After School Care
Registration Form PDF
- 2017-2018 Before & After School Care Brochure
- 2017-2018 Before & After School Care Registration Form
- 2017-2018 School Release Day Registration Form
- 2017-2018 School Release Day Schedule
Before & After School Care
Monday - Friday
- Before School Care: 6:00 a.m. – School Day Start
- After School Care: School Day End – 6:00 p.m.
School Release Days and Holiday Care
- Drop-off 6:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- Program Day 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Pick-up 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Y School Age Care is closed on the following days: Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and Memorial Day. Release Day Care is available for other days school is not in session. Register online or download forms on this page.
When the School District calls for a LATE START, Before Care programs are cancelled.
When the School District calls for an EARLY RELEASE, After Care programs are cancelled.
When school is CANCELLED due to extreme snow fall and/or poor travel conditions, YMCA Before Care and After Care programs are cancelled.
When school is CANCELLED due to severe cold temperatures, YMCA will run Release Day programs at:
- Shannon Park Elementary, 13501 Shannon Pkwy, Rosemount, 651-423-7906
- Oak Ridge Elementary, 4350 Johnny Cake Ridge Rd., Eagan, 651-683-6979
- Cedar Park Elementary, 7500 Whitney Drive, Apple Valley, 612-720-9831
Inclement-weather Release Day Programs are open to children currently attending YMCA Before Care and/or After Care.
School Release Days
- October 6: NV, PV, RM, SP, GH, CP
- October 19, 20: NV, PV, RM, SP, GH, CP
- November 2, 3: NV, PV, RM, SP, GH, WV
- December 1: OR, GL, DP, SP, DW, EP
- December 26, 27, 28, 29: OR, GL, DP, RP, DW, EP
- January 15: OR, HL, EL, RP, GH, CP
- January 19: OR, HL, EL, RP, GH, CP
- February 8, 9: TL, PV, EL, PW, GH, WV
- February 19: TL, PV, DP, PW, GH, WV
- March 9: TL, HL, RM, PW, WL, SV
- March 26, 27, 28, 29, 30: TL, HL, RM, PW, WL, SV
- April 20: OR, HL, RM, SP, DW, EP
CP - Cedar Park
DP - Diamond Path
DW - Deerwood
EL - East Lake
EP - Echo Park
FS - Faithful Shepherd
GL - Greenleaf
GH - Glacier Hills
HL - Highland
NV - Northview
OR - Oak Ridge
PV - Parkview
PW - Pinewood
RM - Rosemount
RP - Red Pine
SP - Shannon Park
SV - Southview
TL - Thomas Lake
WL - Woodland
WV - Westview
2017-18 Before & After School Care
A “session” is defined as either before school or after school. The 3-session minimum can be reached by combining a.m. and/or p.m. sessions.
- 3 sessions: $35.25
- 4 sessions: $47.00
- 5 sessions: $58.75
- 6 sessions: $70.50
- 7 sessions: $82.25
- 8 sessions: $94.00
- 9 sessions: $105.75
- 10 sessions: $117.50
School Release Day and Holiday Care
$41 per child per day, late registration $51 per child per day.
Advanced registration is required to receive the standard program rate. Registrations received online or at Y Customer Service by Monday, one week prior to the Release Day, receive the standard rate. Registrations received later than Monday, one week prior to the release day will result in a $10 premium increase in the school release day cost.
Registrations completed online can be paid at the time of registration or set up as an automatic electronic fund transfer (EFT). Payment is available for paper registrations via cash, check or EFT. You may authorize EFT on your registration form. EFTs will be processed on Tuesday prior to the week of the release day. You may login online to see your balance and make a payment.
Cancellations and Changes
Changes to the registration for individual release days, including cancellation, must be made in writing to the YMCA Customer Service Center by Monday, one week prior to the start of the release day. We encourage change notices to be submitted as soon as possible. If the change notice is not received, you will be billed for the original enrollment and additional days attended. To submit your cancel request, visit the Contact page. You can email or chat with customer service to complete your request.
What to Bring to School Release Days
(please label all belongings)
- Lunch and beverage; including morning and afternoon snacks
- Swimsuit and towel for swim field trip days
- Appropriate clothing for outdoor play and arts & crafts projects
*The YMCA is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. Please leave toys and valuables at home. In the event of low enrollment (less than 10 participants) the day may be cancelled. You will be notified five days in advance.