A Typical Class
Class begins by teaching you the moves that will be used during the workout. Next are short warm-ups, utilizing large muscle groups (legs, hips, glutes). Sections of choreography include punches, kicks and speed agility exercises – jumping jacks, jumping rope. Class ends with cool-downs such as floor work or stretching. This is a no contact class.
- Improves heart and lung function
- Tones and shapes key muscle groups
- Burns calories for a leaner body
- Improves coordination and agility
- Improves bone density
- Improves posture and core strength and stability
- Builds self-confidence
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Focus on fun! Don’t worry about perfection – we’ve all been there!
- Lost in a move? Continue moving until you’re able to re-join the class
- Don’t give up. It usually takes a few classes before you start to feel comfortable and more at ease
- No equipment necessary
- Optional: Hand wraps
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Wear loose-fitting, functional workout clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Proper gym shoes, comfortable fit
- Water, towel