A Typical Class
Students face the front of the room in a loose grid. We begin with a series of breathing and warm-up poses then move on to others, both seated and standing. We allow time for our participants to successfully and gently move from one pose to the next. Class ends with a relaxation period.
- Increased flexibility
- Increased balance
- Increased range of movement
- Reduced stress
- Improved mental clarity
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Tell the instructor if this is your first class.
- Familiarize yourself with some beginners’ yoga poses
- Eat lightly before class starts; don’t have a big meal
- Drink water during class and after
- Do not wear shoes or socks during class
- Our classes are cell-phone and PDA-free environments. Please turn them off during class.
The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Water bottle