A Typical Class
Class begins with a short warm-up followed by a series of four minute exercise sequences. Each sequence is broken into eight 20/10 intervals (20 seconds of intense work followed by 10 seconds of rest). Many exercises will use just body weight, but additional tools such as barbells, bands, and gliding discs may be used as well. Class will end with a short cool down and stretch.
- Improved balance
- Improved strength
- Improved cardio endurance
- Improved proprioception (awareness of where you are in space)
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
This class requires you to be physically active and have freedom of movement.
- The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Wear loose-fitting, functional workout clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Proper gym shoes, comfortable fit
- Water, towel