A Typical Class
Class begins with a short warm-up in our heated pools followed by a series of four minute exercise sequences. Each sequence is broken into eight 20/10 intervals (20 seconds of intense work followed by 10 seconds of rest). Many exercises will use just the water as your equipment, but additional tools such as flotation specific and resistant specific equipment may be used as well. Class will end with a short warm down and stretch segment.
- Improved balance
- Improved strength
- Improved cardio endurance
- Improved proprioception (awareness of where you are in space)
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Water fitness equipment
- The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready for the pool
- Proper swim attire is required (swim suit), no basketball shorts, street clothes, etc.
- Water shoes (encouraged)
- Towel, water bottle, aqua jacket (optional)