A Typical Class
Class starts with warm-up exercises and stretches. Next is a series of movements to pulsating beats where participants take an active role in the percussions. A cool-down period ends the class.
- Fun and creative expression
- Utilization of “whole body” thinking
- Kinesthetic awareness
- Improved balance
- Improved memory
- Increases your fun quotient
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Warm up before stretching by walking or doing gentle movements
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Our classes are cell-phone and PDA-free environments. Please turn them off during class.
- Exercise balls
- Drum sticks
- Equipment is provided by the Y.
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Athletic shoes that provide adequate support and good traction to avoid slipping
- Water bottle