Free Group Classes for Members
- Level: All
- Drop-in class
- No registration necessary
- Arthritis diagnosis is not required
- Swimming skills are not required
- Pools have ramps, handrails, and shallow steps
- See your doctor first to get clearance for water exercises
A Typical Class
Classes take place in our heated indoor pools. Exercises approved by the Arthritis Foundation include walking, gentle stretching, flexing, extension and range-of-motion. Exercises are done in shallow water and focus on activities of daily living, moving a joint through your range of motion and holding it to feel a gentle stretch in the muscle.
- Decreased pain and stiffness
- Increased joint flexibility
- Increased range of motion
- Improved performance with daily activities
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Flotation equipment
- The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready for the pool
- Proper swim attire is required (swim suit), no basketball shorts, street clothes, etc.
- Water shoes (encouraged)
- Towel, water bottle, aqua jacket (optional)