Whether you are new to team sports, or miss the days of “suiting up,” sports leagues are a great way to be active, meet new people and have fun.
Co-ed leagues include the space and equipment needed to play, plus an official to score each game. The YMCA does not provide uniforms. You will play a minimum of one game each week, unless there is a bye.
Throughout the year, Y locations offer:
- Whiffle Ball
- Floor Hockey
- Flag Football
- Table Tennis
- Pickle Ball
- Bocce Ball
League offerings will vary by session and YMCA branch.
The next session of leagues start the week of June 10 and run through August 11.
- $350 per team, $45 per person for team sports
- $75 per pair, $45 per person for doubles sports
- $45 per person for individual sports
This classic sport was invented at the YMCA.
- 5-10 players for a team
- 5 team members can play at a time during games
Be a part of the world’s most popular game.
- 7-14 players for a team
- 7 team members can play at a time during games
- All players are required to purchase and wear shin guards. Mouth guards are encouraged.
This sport got its start at a YMCA, too.
- 6-10 players for a team
- 6 team members can play at a time during games
Team sports requirements
- Your team might play against other YMCAs in the metro area.
- If you are registering as a team, one person needs to gather information and register the entire team at one time—a final roster will be due before all leagues begin.
- Each team member must sign a waiver before the first game.
- Your team needs to have matching T-shirts and/or uniforms to wear during games, including an alternative color option for away games
Bags: Also known as “corn hole” this is a yard game favorite that uses bean bags and boards.
Pickle Ball: Part tennis and part badminton, learn more about this fast-growing sport.
Racquetball: Unlike tennis or badminton, there is no net to hit the ball over—bouncing off the walls is part of the game. The Y provides rackets, but you are welcome to bring your own. Members $45, Non-members $75.
Individual sports requirements
- You might play against people from other YMCAs in the metro area.
- At least 6 pairs need to register in order to run a sports league.
- One person needs to gather information and register the pair at one time. After registration, each team member must sign a waiver before the first game.